Charter Flights to Lizard Island
Lizard Island is Australia’s northernmost island resort. It is located 150 miles north of Cairns and 57 miles north east off the coast from Cooktown. Lizard Island is an absolute tropical paradise, a haven of isolation, gratification and relaxation. In 1770 Captain James Cook first ventured into these uncharted reaches as the last chance for a crew seeking freedom from the beautiful but deadly coral reefs of the Great Barrier Reef. Cook anchored in one of the island’s bays and climbed to the top of the hill now known as Cook’s Look. There he was able to survey a suitable passage away from the island. On Lizard Island, goannas can be found almost everywhere and they were so common when James Cook first landed that it didn’t take him long to name the island after them.
Contact Altitude Aviation today for a custom charter quote flying directly to Lizard Island.
Why not take a large group in our King Air or arrive in speed and style in our Cessna M2 or Cessna CJ2 private jet. Our Cessna CJ2 is the largest jet capable of landing at the small airport and we can even fly you direct from many east coast airports.
Lizard Island resort caters for guests 10 years or older. All accommodation options are flawless in design and include:
- The Villa is secluded, sitting atop a ridge and commanding uninterrupted views across Sunset Beach and the Coral Sea.
- The Pavilion combines complete privacy with a spectacular 270-degree panorama of Anchor Bay, Osprey Island and Sunset Beach.
- Beachfront Suites offer captivating sea views and each has a private pathway leading directly to the beach. Disabled access rooms are available.
- Oceanview Villas are set high on Sunset Bay. Providing filtered sea views over Anchor Bay or Sunset Beach, these Villas offer privacy and easy access to a string of secluded beaches. Select Oceanview Villas have their own private plunge pool.
- Gardenview Rooms and Suites are located in a tropical garden setting with easy access to the natural beauty of Anchor Bay and the beach.
Find out more about Lizard Island resort here.